Our Registered Physiotherapists:
Born and raised in Toronto, Laurence moved to Vancouver in 2010 to explore the coast and mountains of BC.
Laurence is actively involved with the Vancouver paddling community and has been coaching Olympic canoe and kayak at the False Creek Racing Canoe Club since 2012. He remains active in watersports and maintains a deep interest in the injuries of paddlers and athletes in all disciplines.
Laurence graduated from the University of British Columbia with a Bachelor of Kinesiology and Master of Physical Therapy. His clinical interests lie in manual therapy, exercise prescription, and education. He is passionate about working with clients of all ages and strongly believes in individualized, evidence-based care. His goal is to optimize each patient’s health and well being by helping clients understand and be an active part of their self-management.
Amanda obtained her Master of Science in Physiotherapy from Queen’s University and her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from Simon Fraser University. She is a health and fitness enthusiast who is passionate about active living. She believes in treating the cause of your injuries, and not just the symptoms. Her treatment approach includes manual therapy, posture and biomechanics analysis and correction, therapeutic taping, therapeutic cupping, extracorporeal shockwave therapy and other various modalities as required. She is also certified in functional dry needling and soft tissue release techniques. As a former kinesiologist, Amanda has acquired expertise in therapeutic exercise rehabilitation and tends to have more of an active exercise-based approach to treatment. Her clinical interests include (but are not exclusive to) post-surgical rehabilitation, acute and chronic injuries and neck and back pain. She also has experience treating brain injuries and neurological conditions. She is fluent in English and conversational Cantonese.
When not working, Amanda is a St. John Ambulance volunteer first responder. She enjoys the great outdoors and can often be found hiking the trails of Vancouver in the summer or training for the next Tough Mudder/obstacle race. Aside from physical activities, Amanda expresses her creative side through acting, improv comedy, music, and photography. She is now accepting new and all patients and looks forward to working with you!
Wilson graduated with a Masters in Physiotherapy from the University of Sydney after completing his Bachelors in Human Kinetics at the University of British Columbia. Wilson treats with a combination of manual therapy and exercise prescription with his patients to help regain function and return back to their daily activities. He focuses on working with each patient one to one to help progress on their individual goals. He has been working with people of all ages and physical ability, providing education and preventative care and dedicating his time in continue education. Wilson is currently working towards his acupuncture certification, is certified from the Orthopaedic Manual Therapy program in Perth, and a certified Functional Range Release Lower Limb Practitioner.
In his spare time Wilson enjoys playing ice hockey, weightlifting, as well as going for walks with his dog.
Jordan completed both his Masters of Physical Therapy and his Bachelors of Kinesiology from the University of British Columbia. As a competitive varsity athlete, he developed his skills in sports injury prevention and exercise prescription and learned the benefits of having a commitment to fitness and health promotion.
Jordan’s treatment approach includes evidence based manual therapy, myofascial release and personalized exercise prescription to help his patients achieve their goals. His focus is on alleviating current symptoms, addressing the root cause of such symptoms and engaging the patient in education. He has a particular interest in treating sports-related injuries and has experience treating back and neck pain as well as injuries related to work, repetitive strain and motor vehicle accidents.
Jordan enjoys playing hockey, squash, and beach volleyball. He is also fluent in French.
- Masters Degree in Physical Therapy
- Sport Physiotherapy Canada – First Responder
- Mulligans Lower Quadrant Certification
- Level one completion of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy
Jordan is accepting any and all new clients. Call today!
Jen completed both her Master’s degree in Physiotherapy and her Bachelor’s degree in Biopsychology at the University of British Columbia. Clinical practice areas include knee and ankle issues, sports injuries, arthritis, ergonomics, post-surgical rehabilitation, neck and back pain, as well as overall conditioning and muscle balance. Jen has completed her Canadian Orthopedic Division Level 1 and continues to pursue further education in soft tissue therapy and Mulligan techniques. She has completed certification in acupuncture as well as functional dry needling.
Outside of work you are likely to find Jen at the beach playing volleyball or hiking on the North Shore.
Jason received his degree in Physical Therapy from Queens University, graduated with a Biology degree from St. Francis Xavier University, is certified to practice dry needling/acupuncture from the CAFCI, and has complete his training with the Canadian College of Osteopathy. He has always been active in the community as a team physiotherapist with the New Westminster Salmonbellies and is a past President of the Physiotherapy Association of BC. His areas of practice include acupuncture, joint mobilization, and osteopathic manual therapy. His interests include TMJ (jaw problems), sports injuries, vertigo, neck, back, and pelvic dysfunction, and return to work planning. Jason a board member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and is a director of Vancouver Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic.
Ben received his Bachelors of Science in Physical Therapy in 2002 from UBC. Since then he has completed his certification in acupuncture from the AFCI, received his Certificate in Sport Physiotherapy and completed the 5 years of academic study in the Canadian College of Osteopathy. He is currently writing his thesis on Osteopathy and Sprint Performance, which, upon completion, he will receive his Diploma in Osteopathic Manual Practice. He has worked extensively with rugby, having been the physiotherapist for the UBC Old Boys Ravens RFC, the UBC Thunderbirds, Vancouver Wave, BC U18, Canada U17, Canada U20, Canada East and Canada Senior Men's teams. His areas of interest include the treatment of neck pain, back pain, chronic pain and sports injuries.
Steve spent 12 months from 2016 to 2017 as the lead physiotherapist for the Chinese Olympic Team. He supported the team through training and performance at the RIO Olympics in 2016 and brings back a wealth of knowledge. Educationally, he has a Masters in Rehabilitation Science from McGill University and a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from the University of Saskatchewan. As former Head Physiotherapist at Simon Fraser University for all varsity athletes coupled with his 31 years of experience has allowed him the opportunity to become the medical coordinator for the Women’s Canada Cup Fastpitch tournament and team therapist for the New Westminster Salmonbellies Sr. Men’s Lacrosse team. Steve’s areas of interests include return to work planning, functional capacity evaluation, injuries related to track and field, football and lacrosse. His areas of practice include osteopathic manual therapy and acupuncture. Steve is the managing director of Vancouver Physiotherapy.
- Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education, Rhodes University, 1981
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy, Wits University, 1986
- Elective in Melbourne Australia in Manual Therapy and Sports Injuries
- Bachelor of Science (Med Hons) Sports Science, University of Cape Town, 1987
- Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (OMT1), Stellenbosch University, 1996
- 24 years as a Physiotherapist in Private Practice
- Lecturer for the Health Foundation, lecturing in concepts of fitness, weight training, personal training and exercise prescription.
- Lectured for the Physiotherapy Department at Stellenbosch University on postural disorders as part of the OMT 1 course.
- Director of Sea Point Medical and Sports Clinic, Cape Town, South Africa
- Chief Physiotherapist of the Point Health and Racket Club, Cape Town, South Africa
- Director of Cloverdale Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic, Cloverdale, BC
- President of Panorama Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic, Surrey, BC
- Director of Vancouver Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic, Vancouver, BC
- Director of Clayton Heights 188St Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic
- Co-Director of Surrey Hwy 10 Physiotherapy & Massage Clinic, Surrey, BC
- Hamilton Rugby Physiotherapist for 9 years
- Worked with Springbok, Coach Rob Lowe at Hamilton’s Rugby Club and travelled to L’Aquila Italy, with the touring rugby side.
- Resident Physiotherapist for Cape Town Spurs Soccer Team, 7 years.
- Physiotherapist for the Western Province Soccer Team
- Senior Physiotherapist for the Maccabi Games in Israel
- Physiotherapist for the South Africa vs. Cameroon soccer match.
- Physiotherapist for numerous sporting tournaments including tennis, soccer and baseball at the national level in South Africa.
- Current Physiotherapist for the Surrey Beavers Rugby Club
Areas of Expertise
- Sport Injuries- rugby, soccer, tennis, running, triathlon and gymnastics
- Orthopaedics- postural conditions and post operative rehabilitation.
- Coach of son’s U-12 Gold soccer team.
- Cycles, gym, tennis, jogging and hiking.
- Has a passion for collecting pens and stamps.
Luca Pellanda RMT
Luca completed the 3000 hour RMT training and over 550 hour clinical training programs at the Vancouver College of Massage Therapy. As part of his clinical training at VCMT, Luca obtained experience in a diverse range of hospitals and care facilities in the lower mainland.
The focus of Luca’s training and studies has been to develop skills in the assessment and treatment of soft tissue and repetitive stress injuries with myofascial techniques. Myofascial techniques treat the muscles and connective tissue of the body to rehabilitate these areas by promoting their mobility, flexibility, and health. These techniques help the client in their physical activity and performance.
Luca performs myofascial trigger point release, fascial manipulation, joint mobilizations, Swedish massage, active stretching and remedial exercises. He is a member and graduate of the Fascial Manipulation Association (Associazione Manipolazione Fasciale), based in Italy, having completed his Level 1 Fascial Manipulation studies.
Luca believes wellness activities such as yoga, pilates, tai chi, cycling, aquafit, and swimming can be beneficial for improving the body’s strength, balance, mobility, and stability. He has practiced these forms of activity and also enjoys running, cycling, free weights, and circuit training, believing that staying active provides for a higher quality of life and better recovery from injury.
Adriana specializes in sport conditiong, post stroke rehab, post-MVA conditioning, joint replacement rehab, and general exercise therapy to improve one's performance and/or fitness. She has over 20 years of experience in the industry and is a true professional.
Active Conditioning Programme
Our active conditioning program is designed to help our clients get back to regular activity, work and a healthy lifestyle. We have developed our program to assist our ICBC and private insurance clients in the progression of their rehab journey. This includes the initial recovery from the injury to an eventual return to activity and work. The program helps bring all members of you medical team (physician, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, and manager, etc.) together to better meet your needs during your recovery. We encourage all 3rd party insurers to contact us anytime to find out how we can help enhance the recovery of all individuals in a timely fashion.
Sarah completed her Fascial Stretch Therapy Level 2 with the Stretch to Win Institute. She has worked as a Personal Trainer over 20 years and specializes with clients for mobility and increasing strength stability. Sarah is comfortable working with all age populations and fitness levels. Sarah’s focus with each client is to regain functionality and into an active lifestyle with progressive one on one sessions. She is currently working towards her nutrition certificate with Precision Nutrition.
In her spare time, Sarah likes to read, ride her bike, and spend time with her children.
Dr. Joseph Stern
- Bachelor of Science, University of British Columbia, 1982
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine,1986
- Surgical Residency, Mission Oaks Hospital, Los Gatos, California, 1987
- Private Practice for 5 years in Vancouver, Panorama and Coquitlam
- Conducted research on over the counter Orthotics, custom and computerized Orthotics, foot sport injuries and skating.
- Member of the Board of Directors of SportMed BC
- Podiatrist for Skate Canada, British Columbia Section
- Board Member of the Canadian Council of Podiatric Medical Education
- Faculty member of the Podiatry Department at Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Center
- Faculty instructor of postgraduate surgical residency training at Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Center/University of British Columbia
Area of Expertise:
- Podiatric Sports Medicine and Orthotics
- Foot problems related to sports injuries and specializing in Orthotics
- Working out, snow and water skiing, golf, tennis
- Co-coordinator of Podiatric educational seminars
Board member of local community center advising on sport programs.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.